Our growth since 2015 when we were founded has been accelerated by nineteen acquisitions to date (mid-2018). These acquisitions have been of businesses that have had revenues of between £500,000 and £30m. It is our intention to continue our growth both organically and through further acquisitions in the years to come.
Should you be interested in discussing a particular opportunity with us, please get in touch - initially by email to firstname.lastname@example.org - with a brief introduction to the opportunity. We have short lines of communication and typically endeavour to respond within a few days. Any correspondence or discussions will be treated in strict confidence.
- We are an AIM-listed company with access to financial resources. Our strategy to create shareholder value is based on organic growth boosted by targeted acquisitions.
- We believe in giving acquired companies a significant degree of entrepreneurial independence and autonomy within a decentralised management structure.
- We have the capital to invest in acquisitions to accelerate their growth.
- We are interested in opportunities accross the UK support service landscape but our primary focus lies in acquiring service business in sectors in which we currently have a presence, or those in adjacent service sectors which enjoy the same channel to market. We acquire both stand-alone businesses and 'bolt-ons'.
- We are able to move decisively.
We would like to hear from you if you are a UK focused business with revenues in excess of £500,000 and are:
- Planning a retirement sale, complete or partial exit from your business;
- an ambitious entrepreneur or management team of an established businesses operating in the UK business services sector looking for investment to accelerate your growth.
Marlowe’s strategic focus is on investment opportunities in sectors where:
- Businesses deiver essential, non-discretionary services (e.g. Fire Protection & Security, Water Treatment Services, Ventilation Hygiene Services);
- businesses possess annuity type recurring revenues (with long term contracts where the customer rarely changes providers for reasons of practicality) and a degree of operational complexity that provides both higher margins and barriers to entry; and
- target businesses would benefit from being part of a quoted company which provides access to further investment and the flexibility to exploit further opportunities that present themselves in fragmented markets which provide the opportunity for both operational improvements and economies of scale.
We have funds readily available for acquisitions and access to further capital. Our status as an AIM listed company enables us to structure a wide variety of deals to suit diverse shareholder circumstances.
We are particularly interested in businesses with:
- Proven management teams with the desire to accelerate their growth as part of a listed company;
- strong market positions regionally or nationally with established operations in non-cyclical market segments;
- a track record of earnings, cash generation and organic growth. High return on capital employed;
- a wide range of enterprise values from £1m to £25m+ or revenues from £500,000 to £50m+;